The Helme-Tõrva Apostolic Orthodox Church of the Birth of Christ was built in Valga Street in the years 1903 to 1904. Karl Shurin was in charge of the building work. The two domes and bell tower made the church one of the most imposing churches in the Viljandi Apostolic Orthodox Deanery. The church was seriously damaged during the fierce battles fought in September 1944 and it was only restored in 1990 as a chamber hall.
* the church was also used for salt and cement storage during the Soviet times;
* the church-chamber hall currently belongs to the Lutheran church.
Times and prices
Open advance bookings only: 0 €